Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Random thoughts after watching a good movie...



I just watched Bonnie & Clyde on TV! It's a famous story, of course, but I had not seen the movie yet. And there's something about these old movies that get my attention. These days I watched a very good one too, but I can't quite remember its name... Well, I guess I'm being very kind to say "these days"... It has been a long time since I don't have anything to do, no free time to do just whatever I want to, which is when I would watch random cool stuff on TV.

But back to the movie! It's old, from '67, and of course, people would think differently, act differently at that time. Things we do now were outrageous back then, and so I understand some "flaws" on it and see it must have been a scandal on those days.

The flaws I mention aren't really flaws. It was friggin 1967! I guess they didn't know some people pay attention to characters other than the main ones! Or maybe people didn't... Maybe this movie thing was so new they would just watch it, amazed! I imagine people would spend weeeeeeks talking about those movies! Maybe even more time, how the hell could I know??

So what I mean is that it is so easy for me to judge this movie, at this day, without any idea of how things were when it was made.

And still, judging it with my huge experience of 21 years in our time, I think it is a great movie. First of all, it is a love story. So naive, at first, but then you begin relating the events on the movie (not the thefts, I hope) with the events of your own life, and you find that it does communicate, it does give you an extra feeling after it's finished. Actually, that's what makes me think what good movies are made of: when their flaws don't make you lose your focus and when you leave the room feeling something. Of course, not the case when you go out wishing your money back...

But still, my point here (yes, I do have a point) is that exact feeling. What the hell is it? Can anybody else feel that too? Or am I just a crazy bitch with no life, to be so touched by these little things?

I was never good with words, it is really hard to try to fit feelings into these useless things, that can mean a lot in one moment and nothing in another, but I'll try: after watching a good movie, I get this feeling that life is so much bigger. That there are a lot of things yet to experience, still a lot to learn about. I feel the urge to get away from everything and just sit here writing stuff until all the thoughts are out of my mind.

Of course, I can't do that... But still, I sit here and write. And some months later I'll come back here and read it all over again. And I'll see a lot of "flaws" in my writing, in the way I thought about things back here. Just like what I did to the movie...